How does it work?
See How we can Help?
Have you contacted your Landlord about repairs that need to be carried out and still haven’t had your repairs completed?
Housing Disrepair typically means a rented home or any other type of rented accommodation that is in need of repairs in order for it to qualify as safe and suitable for renters to live.
If you are renting a property that requires repair, you could seek compensation for the inconvenience, discomfort, and suffering. After all, landlords are required by law to ensure that the property they rent out to tenants is structurally in a good state of repair, these requirements include:
- The property meets necessary fire safety regulations
- Keep in repair and maintain gas, electricity, water, and sanitation installations
- Handle mould and damp problems
- Keep in repair the roof and plasterwork
- Maintain the structure and exterior of rental property, including external pipes and drains
- Provide efficient security
- Fix defective central heating and wiring
*Tenant Advisory is a trading style of Equitas Solicitors Ltd and is authorized and regulated by the SRA under the ID Number 459787